Saturday, July 6, 2013

Review of Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer

Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer

Claims: Ideal for all skin types, Radiant Creamy Concealer is a multiaction formula that instantly obscures imperfections, blurs the appearance of lines and wrinkles, and hides dark circles and signs of fatigue. Hydrating and luxuriously smooth, it layers lightly for buildable medium-to-full coverage and a natural luminous finish. The multiactive botanical blend hydrates, firms, reduces redness, and strengthens the skin by helping its barrier retain vital moisture. It also delivers antioxidant protection to protect the skin against damaging free radicals.

Skin becomes visibly smooth, soft, and more even-toned. Mineral tone balancing powder works to optically correct, not mask, imperfections to keep skin looking flawless. A single stroke of Radiant Creamy Concealer keeps the complexion looking fresh and creaseless. It goes on smoothly, blends easily, and stays in place all day. Comfortable and hydrated, skin glows with new radiance over or under foundation and looks beautiful—even when bare.
Coverage: Medium to Full
Price: $28
Shades: 9
Size: .22 oz
Where Can It Be Purchased: Nars, Sephora, and other high end retailers!

I purchased this a couple of months ago so I could have a concealer that would conceal my acne scarring. I have hyper pigmentation and it has been extremely difficult for me to find a concealer that will completely conceal my acne scars on my face...which is why I tend to not bother half the time.

This concealer does have medium-full coverage. I have tried using this concealer to cover up my blemishes and it does a fantastic job in doing so. With this product it is really easy to end up using a lot more then what you need, which is why I recommend you either use a sponge or initially apply on the back of your hand and grab little by little as you go.


As you can see, this concealer has a doe foot applicator. The size of this concealer is really nice and compact, which makes it easy to stick in a makeup bag during travel for touch ups and all. The handle does have a tendency to get dirty though, so that's something to keep in mind ^_^

The formula for this concealer is very creamy and very easy to blend. When use sparingly, this concealer can be used on blemishes. However, this concealer is probably best suited for undereye concealing. It gives a slight glow to where you placed it, which can augment your blemishes if you are not careful. However, when using this concealer will crease, especially when I'm trying to conceal my dark circles. Setting this concealer with some sort of setting powder is a MUST, no question about it.

Swatch of Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard

I usually try to apply this concealer underneath my foundation because of the glow it gives, that way I can better control how my skin looks in the end. When I am just using this concealer and a setting powder, I do really like how this looks on my skin. It evens out my skin tone and does wonders in concealing my scars, both which are a huge plus for me. 

I have noticed that even wearing setting powders along with this concealer, such as Elf Studio HD Powder in Sheer and Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Translucent, that I will get oily throughout the day. While this concealer does last throughout the day, it does cake up and the areas where I applied it would get oily (just an FYI I have oily skin). When I have acne flare ups, this concealer will not stick to that spot. The areas that have acne have a tendency to be dry, which is probably why the concealer will not stay put there. As such, I don't recommend this concealer for dry skin or oily skin, normal skin will probably be best suited. 

Would I repurchase this product? Probably not. I'm on the fence on whether this is a unique product and whether not it is worth repurchasing. This is not something I would gravitate too everyday, which kinda states something already. I don't have a concealer that functions decently as both an under eye concealer and a blemish concealer, so for that it will stay in my collection until it finishes as a result. So as a result, I'm still searching for that perfect blemish concealer. 

What do you think about this concealer? Do you have any recommendations for me to try? Let me know in the comments below!



6 comments:

  1. Hhmm...After reading your review of this product, it's highly doubtful that I would give it a try. My daughter has been using the Redness Reducing Concealer from MadisonStreetBeauty.com and it's been working well for her. Their aloe airbrush setting powder most definitely helps with oiliness too.
    ~Kim
    www.2justByou.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately its a miss for me, which is such a shame considering about how so many bloggers & youtubers rave about it :( I'll definitely look into trying out the concealer from MadisonStreetBeauty when I get the chance! Thanks dear!

      Delete
  2. Great Review! It's sad that a concealer that cost so much doesn't work for all areas of the skin. I was thinking about buying this, but I can probably get something better for the price! I am a new follower by the way! I can't wait to read more from you :)

    eyeshadoweyeliner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right :/ It's absolutely upsetting :( You can definitely get something better for the price, I know I will be hunting once I finish with at least one of my many concealers! Thanks for following me Aaliyah!

      Delete
  3. I am so in love with this concealer! It is one of my holy grail products!

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that its your holy grail product! For me it didn't work out :( Maybe you live in a climate where the product is more suited for you? Florida is problematic like that unfortunately :(

      Delete

Thanks for checking out my blog :) I love reading your comments and will always reply to them :) I don't always do follow for follow, but I do love checking new blogs out! So feel free to leave the link of your blog :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...